Aunt Bessie's Shortcrust Pastry Mix 500g
Perfect for pies, tarts and quiches
Suitable for vegetarians
A shortcrust pastry mix
For all my latest news, tasty recipe ideas and competitions.
Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Niacin, Thiamin),Palm Oil,Rapeseed Oil,Raising Agents (Sodium Bicarbonate, Monocalcium Phosphate),Salt
Storage type: Ambient
Store in a cool, dry place.
Preparation and usage:
How to Prepare... Now Over to You
1. Empty the contents of the sachet into a bowl and add 8 tablespoons of cold water.
2. Mix together, first using a knife and then using your hand to create a firm dough. If the pastry is crumbling, add a little more water.
3. Try to handle the pastry as little as possible as this will help you achieve a light, crisp pastry.
4. Roll the pastry out onto a lightly floured surface and use according to your recipe.
5. This packet will generously line and cover a 23cm pie fish.
Tip: For a golden brown finish, brush the pasty with beaten egg or milk before baking.
|Typical values||Per 100g/ml||(baked pastry mix) Per 1/8 pack* (baked)||%*|
|of which saturates||11.00g||6.10g||-|
|of which sugars||1.30g||0.80g||-|
In the unlikely event that you are unable to find the product you are looking for then please send us the details by clicking here.